Adventurers, hikers, and outdoor enthusiasts know the importance of having the right tools on hand to ensure their survival in the wilderness. One such tool that is essential to have in your arsenal is a Survival Shovel. This versatile tool can be used for a variety of tasks in camp, on the trail, or in the wilds.
Multi benefits & Uses
- Set up camp, clear snow and dig your fire pit
- Dig a latrine hole and cover waste up.
- Start a fire by striking a flint against the shovel’s sharp edge until a spark is created.
- Chop tree limbs that are intrusive or for building temporary shelters
- If someone/car/animal is stuck in sticky mud or snow you can dig them out…
- Your survival shovel can be used as a deterrent and / or for self-defence against wild animals and predators.
Except from “Live a Life to Die For” by Roger Davies (page 129).
Then I would cut snow blocks to be melted for drinking and cooking.
I continued to secure the pulks, shovelling snow to cover the valence, to help keep the draughts to a minimum and also stops snow being blown up between the inner and outer tent in high wind and blizzard conditions.
I then dug a little cold air trench in the vestibule space between the tent’s inner and outer door. This allows space for cold air to sink below the platform on which you are sleeping. Every little bit counts. It also gives you a very handy place to sit, half in the tent, with your booted feet in the trench, making it easier to take off and put on your Baffin boots, in addition it helps to prevent you carting ice into the tiny living area.
- Carbon Steel blade with serrated edges.
- 2 Pivot folding design, packs away into a small vinyl pouch
- 90° angle head.
- Tubular steel handle is tightened by integral collet
- Lightweight 1.13 kg.
- Ideal for any bug-out-bag ; also has a Belt loop.
In conclusion, a Survival Shovel is a must-have tool for any adventurer, hiker, or outdoor enthusiast. It is versatile, durable, and easy to carry, making it the perfect tool for a variety of tasks in camp, on the trail, or in the wilds. With its multiple benefits and uses, a survival shovel can be a lifesaver in survival situations. So, be sure to pack one on your next outdoor adventure, and you’ll be prepared for anything the wilderness throws your way.